Metro Vancouver is responsible under provincial legislation for emergency planning and response in all of Electoral Area A. Specific emergency services provided by Metro Vancouver are:
Incident command and coordination at the emergency site, as needed
- Central coordination through our Emergency Operations Centre
- Liaison with provincial and local authorities, as well as the University of British Columbia
- Coordinating disaster financial assistance applications
- Wildland fire suppression in coordination with BC forest services
- Local assistance to the fire commissioner
- Emergency social services to ensure the welfare of residents who may be displaced
Emergency planning and response in Metro Vancouver’s Electoral Area A
Subscribe to Alertable for Metro Vancouver emergency alerts
Sign up for free emergency alerts from Metro Vancouver through Alertable. Alertable is a mass public alert system to help you and your family stay informed and safe during an emergency.
Subscribe to Alertable
All Electoral Area A residents are encouraged to subscribe to Alertable. Click on your community below for more information.