Metro Vancouver is fostering an integrated, collaborative, and flexible approach to the delivery of the Iona Island Wastewater Treatment Plant Projects. This strategy will enable Metro Vancouver to respond to ongoing program development, competing priorities, and market conditions — all of which will inform the detailed implementation and procurement process over an approximately 15-year design and construction period.
Our innovative delivery strategy offers opportunities for contracts of all sizes to optimize local economic development, while also encouraging global interest.
Working on this project, proponents can expect:
- To protect public health, improve the marine environment, and help to restore ecosystems
- To work on leading-edge technologies
- A variety of complex work opportunities that require a wide-range of skillsets
- Career building revenue-generating certainty
- Succession planning opportunities that enable teams and individuals to grow their networks in an exciting and dynamic region
The following timeline is the anticipated start of procurements during the Early Works and Preliminary Design phase of the Iona Island Wastewater Treatment Plant Projects. Schedule is subject to change.