Metro Vancouver's Water Wagon provides free water bottle refills at regional events to highlight our water system, encourage drinking tap water, and reduce single-use bottled water. Outreach staff engage with residents through displays and interactive games to share the 'mountain to tap' story of Metro Vancouver's drinking water.
The Water Wagon is a regional resource, and is available to attend public events in municipalities whose water is distributed by Metro Vancouver.
Event and site requirements:
- Event occurs between mid-May and mid-September
- Free community event, no paid ticketed events
- Anticipated attendance of 2000+ guests
- Within 50’ of a municipal water supply (no fire hydrants)
- Flat 10’x20’ site (no slopes or hills)
- 60-72” event table provided
- Secure/guarded overnight storage for multi-day events
- Site map with location marked 14 days prior to event
The Water Wagon is staffed by an outreach team at all times. There are no costs to event organizers or attendees to have the Water Wagon at events. Requests are on a first come first serve based on availability.
Event requests are closed for the season. Thank you for your interest in the Water Wagon! Submissions will open again in spring 2024.