Where can I donate my unwanted clothing, linens, footwear and accessories for reuse and recycling?
Once you have determined that your clothes and accessories have reached the end of their useful life, there are plenty of options to ensure they are kept out of the garbage.
Find locations to donate my clothes
Just search "clothing" in the 'materials' section, and select one of the following options:
- Organizations through this search are looking for quality items in good to excellent condition. These locations may have restrictions on what they accept, so make sure to double check the organization's website or call ahead to confirm what items they do accept.
- Find places to donate to organizations such as thrift stores and clothing provider charities.
- Also find a place to consign your clothing in good condition and put some money back in your pocket.
- Most of these location will also take your unwanted jewelry, purses, wallets, hats, sunglasses and so forth if they are in good condition.
Clothing Non reusable
- Organizations found through this search will accept most items, with the exception of heavily soiled, paint-stained or oil-stained clothing.
- Ensure the items are clean and dry when they are dropped off or prepared for pick-up.
- Yes, even holey socks can go to these locations.
- Most of these locations will also take your unwanted jewelry, purses, wallets, hats, sunglasses and so forth, but unlike the clothing, they need to be in good condition.
- Footwear (even single shoes) can be donated, but they have to be in good condition. There are no recycling markets for torn and worn and holey shoes at this time.
- Looking for a place to take your bedding, towels, tablecloths and so forth that you no longer use? Search for "textiles" and select the appropriate condition (Reusable) or (Non Reusable)