Teacher workshops at schools, conferences and events
Request a teacher professional development workshop to explore strategies and tools that inspire learning about local sustainability priorities in your classroom, your community, and beyond. Our workshops are:
- Engaging, fun and action-packed
- Available by request (at no cost for 15 or more K–12 teachers)
- Offered for elementary and secondary
- Designed and delivered by experienced K–12 teacher facilitators
- Practical — providing K–12 Teaching tools, guides, lessons, maps, videos and links
This fun and interactive workshop makes learning about sustainability real, relevant, and action-oriented. Discover personal and local connections to water, wastewater, garbage, air quality, climate change, regional growth, and ecological health. Explore a range of engaging and experiential strategies to support teaching and learning to effectively use the community as classroom. A variety of place-based Metro Vancouver K–12 Resources will be introduced to promote awareness and kick-start action for sustainability in your school!
Our workshops can be adapted for online delivery.
Request a workshop
Exploring Zero Waste in the Classroom & Beyond
A Metro Vancouver Teacher Leadership Clinic
February 16, 2024 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Metro Vancouver Waste-to-Energy Facility
Register for the event